Whether it is the best Barbra Streisand moments on Broadway, the best Barbra Streisand songs or even her fun TV Cameos, we all love this Diva and what she does. Unfortunately with her career it is hard to pick the best Barbra Streisand songs, movies, moments, etc… but we did our best to bring you 20 of our favorite. If you have one you think should be on the list, leave a comment below and we can always add it later.
Best Barbara Streisand Songs, Videos, Shows, Movies and More!
20. Streisand sings I’m the greatest Star in Funny Girl
The reason we love this Barbra Streisand showtune is that is basically states what she is, The Greatest Star. Even though she is playing Fannie Brice, it shows her ambition, excitement and that she knows she has the talent and will fight to get her chance to make it as a star.
19. Barbara Streisand and Judy Garland sing Happy Days are Here Again
When you combine two amazing talents like Barbra Streisand and Judy Garland you will either have an amazing song or a huge flop. Happy Days are Here Again not only became an amazing hit, but it also become the theme song for the Democratic Party that Barbra has strongly supported in the past.
18. Barbra even makes Madonna drop characters – Saturday Night Live
If you loved Saturday Night Live, one of your favorite skits had to be Linda Richmond and Coffee Talk. Not only was she Streisand obsessed, but when she had family visiting they all had to talk about her. Oddly enough, even with professionals like Madonna, Mike Meyers and Rosanne on set, when someone like Streisand comes on everyone looses character for a second and looses control.
Unfortunately there are no versions of the scene on YouTube so here is a version with fake voices.
17. Barbara Streisand Hits the Disco with Donna Summers and sheds “No Tears” about it. Enough is enough duet.
If singing ballads and showtunes wasn’t enough for this Diva, she teamed up with Donna Summers to bring down the disco with the hit song Enough is Enough or No More Tears. She crossed over into Disco and took it by storm with one of the best singers of the disco era. This song is also still played today and done at a ton of karaoke nights.
16. Duck sauce takes on Barbara Streisand and turns her famous name into a hit song.
Crossing into Disco with a Diva is somewhat easy for Streisand, but going into dance music is something that not everyone could do. Luckily for Babs, a DJ and group called Duck Sauce put a hit song together which is all about her. I think the only actual spoken lyrics (besides the Barbra Streisand impersonator) is her name.
15. Bab’s sings Don’t Rain on My Parade and creates a generation of horrible Karaoke covers and showtunes night fails.
No need for this one. It’s one of the most famous broadway songs that launched her career and has been redone a million times by everyone from Lea Michelle to Linda Eder. It’s also one of the most popular showtunes for karaoke.
14. Barbra Streisand makes a rare appearance on the game show What’s My Line.
One thing that game shows love are celebrities that show up for a guest appearance. On the show “What’s My Line” Babs made a guest appearance as a French Woman and surprised everyone.
13. Barbra Streisand Sings Live on National TV on Oprah.
This was an amazing thing for Barbra Streisand. She took a break from TV and performing live and then appeared on Oprah. Not only did she sing a few songs, but she completely killed them.
12. Barbra Streisand becomes a mother “Focker“!
Barbra returned to doing movies and appeared as the mother in the hit movie series as the Mother Focker with Ben Stiller and a ton of other amazing stars. Not only was the movie a hit, even though she didn’t appear until the second one “Meet the Fockers” but she did an amazing job as a laid back and liberal Jewish mother. I highly recommend this movie!
11. 1964 – Bab’s creates and sings “People” for Funny Girl with her first Pop Hit on the charts!
The reason that this is a huge moment is that for each year into the 2000’s Streisand became one of the first or the only star to have a hit song or album across this many decades on the top of the Billboard charts.
10. Bab’s wins a Tony in 1970 inscribed “Star of the Decade” making her one of the only people to win an Oscar, a Grammy, an Emmy and a Tony.
There are Tony awards for almost everything with theatre. However, when you have someone like Barbra Streisand at the Tony’s something a regular one isn’t good enough. The Tony Awards gave Barbra Streisand one that said “Star of the Decade” instead of a regular one.
9. Kathy Griffin goes after Babs
You don’t get anywhere with today’s gays unless Kathy Griffin rips into you. Luckily for Babs, Kathy not only dug into her but tried to rip her a new one. Barbara Streisand now regained her gay fame across generations of gay men and everyone fell in love with her again.
8. Jason Gould takes the stage with his Mom at a 2012 show and kicks butt!!!
When Barbra had her son Jason Gould, she had to pass some talent to him. Not only did she pass some talent, but she brought him on stage and he performed with his famous mom. The two of them were absolutely amazing and he killed the song!
7. Barbra Streisand teams up with Neil Diamond in 1978 to create “You Don’t Bring Me Flowers” and almost every guy in the world is not on a guilt trip from their wives about being romantic.
6. March 26, 1964 Funny Girl hits broadway starring Barbra Streisand as Fanny Brice.
5. 1962 Barbra Streisand hits broadway with her debut show “I Can Get it for You Wholesale”.
The reason this is a huge moment in her life is that it is her debut on Broadway. Even though she wasn’t the lead, she was the one who got all of the attention. When an Actress that is new takes all of the reviews, the applause and doesn’t let it get to her head, you can tell she is ready to take over.
4. The Barbra Streisand Album hits stores in 1963 starting her climb onto the Billboards for numerous other albums.
3. Yentl hits the movies in 1983 and earns Barbra Streisand 5 Oscar Nominations.
2. Barbra brings politics to her 2006 tour and says no to George W. Bush.
1. Babs goes Diva and tells someone to F off!
If there is one thing you never do with a Diva, it’s start a fight, especially on stage. Barbra definitely didn’t enjoy it and not only did she stop the show, she even dropped an F bomb. That is why we love her!
There are a million amazing moments in Barbra’s career. Here are 20 of our favorites. Feel free to share your own Favorite Streisand moments by leaving a comment below.